distancing and stay-at-home orders as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
pandemic have us all feeling anxious. Whether you are working from home or
simply not able to workout at a gym or make a regular yoga class, please
keep moving! Keep your body fit and strong with this yoga pose to
fire up the core & strengthen the rest of the body.
Let’s do this simple yoga pose that can be helpful in enhancing your ability to concentrate, keeping your mind calmly focused when faced with difficulty. Warrior III is an intermediate balancing pose in yoga & creates stability throughout your entire body by integrating all of the muscles throughout your legs, arms and core.
1. From standing position, step the left foot a foot length forward & shift all of your weight onto this leg.
2. Inhale the arms over your head & interlace the fingers, pointing the index finger up.
3. As you exhale, lift the left leg up & out, hinging at the hips to lower the arms & torso down towards the floor.
4. Look down at the floor & stare at a point for balance. Reach out through the left toes and fingers making one straight line.
5. Breathe & hold for 2-6 breaths.
6. To release: inhale the arms up to lower the leg back to the floor and step both feet together back into standing position.
7. Repeat on the other side.
Benefits of Warrior III Pose
Warrior III strengthens the whole back side of the body, including the calves, back, ankles, hamstrings and shoulders. It also tones and strengthens the abdominal muscles. Warrior III improves posture, balance and full-body coordination. It might take some time to be able to balance for more than a breath or two! Remember to move at your own pace. Take it slowly. Stability will come with practice. Practicing Warrior III can be challenging and rewarding on many levels. Don’t be afraid to fall! Simply try the pose again. With dedication and patience, you may discover your ability to face all challenges in life with poise and grace.
Whilst we are unable to provide our view to your living room, Samujana is committed to deliver our in-resort wellness experiences with love to your home. We’ll be sharing videos, tutorials, articles and advice to keep you fit & healthy at home. Please follow our Samujana social media pages for more yoga poses and wellness tips.